How to make lessons stick… SUCCESS
- Simple – Matthew 22:37-39 – one main point, focus – Jesus made it simple
- Unexpected – Matthew 15:23-24 – shocking
- Concrete – Matthew 6:26 – birds of the air, something concrete
- Credible – Matthew 7:29 – we quote an authority while Jesus WAS the authority
- Emotional – Acts 2:37 – move people emotionally
- Stories – Matthew 13:34 – Jesus used parables
- Spirit-filled – 1 Thessalonians 1:5 – power, Holy Spirit, conviction
The One Big Idea:
- One point supported by other parts that hold it all together.
- What do I want them to KNOW and want them to DO about it?
- Too many ideas bring less clarity. Don’t bombard our people with too many little ideas.