Small Groups are about sharing life and being connected to a community of faith. If you are not in a small group. you’re not getting the most of what Jesus has in store for you.
During this National Health Crisis, we are challenging our classes to connect each week to discuss the pastor’s message from Sunday. Scott has prepared a lot of discussion questions for Ken’s message from last Sunday.
We are reading the New Testament in 2021 – join us for reading and small group discussion on Monday evenings.
Why Small Groups?
We can still keep up with each other even though we are apart. Our first value as a church is COMMUNITY, so let’s embrace it in a new way during this difficult time in the life of our nation and commonwealth and city.
Who is meeting and when?
Check below or our Online Calendar to see an overview of when groups are meeting either on campus or using Zoom. There you will find a way to connect to the leader of that group.
So, how can you find a small group and get connected?
1) Get out your mobile phone and send me a text using the church mobile number (757-330-4484) and in the message box type only the word GROUP. We will respond and help you get connected to a group that meets when you are available.
2) We have a Small Groups App: [ check it out here ]
3) Check out these groups below: King’s Grant Small Groups — Christian community is so vitally important, even more so now that we have this pandemic.
- Sunday Groups
- Agape Class – Older Adults – Sundays at 7:00pm
- Bible Study Fellowship – Older Adults – Sundays at 9:45am
- Good News – Older Adults – Sundays at 6:30pm
- Koinonia – Older Ladies – Sundays at 12:30pm
- Legacy Builders – Younger Adults – Sundays at 9:45am
- New Life – Older Adults – Sundays at 7:00pm
- The Breakfast Club (currently not meeting) – Median Adults
- Joy Class (currently not meeting) – Older Adults
- Foursquare (currently not meeting) – Older Men
- Midweek Groups
- Foundation-260 – with Scott Chafee – Mondays at 7pm
- The KGBC Student Ministry – Wednesdays (seasonal) at 6:00pm
- FLOCK – Young Adults – Tuesdays at 8:00pm
- Pure Desire – Mondays at 7:00pm
- Mary and Martha – Senior Adult Ladies – Wednesdays at 10:00am
- Senior Women’s Bible Study – Wednesdays at 11:00am
- Wednesday Life Group – Wednesdays at 6:15pm
- Spiritual Journey – Median Aged Adults – Thursdays at 7:00pm
- Other Small Groups
- Men of Steel – Wednesdays at 7:00am
- Tuesday Ladies’ Bible Class – Tuesdays at 9:30am
- Tuesday Ladies’ Bible Class – Tuesdays at 6:45pm
- The Crash Course – This is a seasonal group for new members and church leaders
- The Noble Man Group – This group meets quarterly for Saturday fellowship breakfast, encouragement, and a challenging talk designed specifically for men.
- Ministry Teams
- Winter Shelter – Stay Informed by Joining this Group
Read a little about how important small groups are in your life…
- Eight Purposes of Small Groups
- Ten Reasons to Join a Small Group
- Click Here and Choose a Group to Join
- Click Here to See the Church Calendar to find a Group
The Importance of Small Groups: Regardless of who you are or where you live, inviting friends or even acquaintances to regularly circle up with you for meaningful conversation is the first step … and perhaps the hardest. Christianity is lived in circles, not rows.
But first, take 3 minutes to hear why Andy believes “circles” are so important:
Because Life is Better Connected: It isn’t meant to be lived in isolation. It’s one thing to show up to family functions, grab dinner with friends, and shoot the breeze around the water cooler. But where is the space in which the guard comes down and it’s safe to be completely open and honest about our struggles and questions? Imagine having a circle of people to meet us in that space.