The Teaching Ministry of Dr. Kenneth R. Pruitt
WHO IS JESUS?
- January 21 – Real Life Defined – John 1:1-18
- January 28 – Real Life Revealed – John 1:19-34
HOW SHOULD WE RESPOND TO JESUS?
- February 4 – A Life that Follows Him – John 1:35-51
- February 11 – A Life that Obeys Him – John 2:1-11
- February 18 – A Life that Misses Him – John 2:12-25
WHAT IS SALVATION?
- February 25 – The Need of Every Life – John 3:1-21
- March 4 – The Answer to Life’s Brokenness – John 4:1-42
- March 11 – The Significance of a Life of Faith – John 4:43-54
Each year, we hit pause during the Christmas Season to revisit the incarnation (God becoming man to fully satisfy the needs of mankind) as we revisit the scene of Bethlehem on the night Jesus was born. After encountering Christ through the Christmas season, one should not hesitate to ask, “Where to from here?” Should we simply hope that the emphasis upon Jesus lingers within hearts and minds, or should we take definitive steps from Christmas forward to encourage and ensure that the centrality of Jesus is not forgotten?
Welcome to a two-part sermon series titled, “Bethlehem Forward.” This series takes a very close look at Chapter One of the epistle, 1 John. This passage argues against those in the First century who denied the incarnation by emphasizing that Jesus did indeed come into this world, and His life brings life. Join us on December 31 and January 7, as we move from Bethlehem forward, and ask ourselves, “Having encountered Jesus, now what?”
December 31, 2017 – BETHLEHEM FORWARD: Having Encountered Jesus, Now What? (Part 1) – 1 John 1:1-4.
January 14, 2018 – BETHLEHEM FORWARD: Having Encountered Jesus, Now What? (Part 2) – 1 John 1:5-10.
When God Stepped into Our Lives
In December 2017, join us each week as we lead up to the celebration of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. [ click here for the Journey to Christmas activities ]
December 3 – The Story: God’s Plan Revealed (Isaiah 9:1-2)
December 10 – The Announcement: God’s Voice Heard (Luke 1:26-38)
December 17 – The Preparation: God’s Touch Felt (Matthew 1:18-24 / Luke1:39-56)
December 24 – The Arrival: God’s Face Beheld (Luke 2:1-20)
How to Make a Lasting M-pact
Over the past four months, Ken has developed a strategy for our church to embrace the mission of Christ by helping us to see the need to embrace an equipping culture. The M’s we seek to establish are surrounded by COMMUNITY – FAITH – LOVE (Member – Minister – Mission). This series will use the information found in Thom Rainer’s book, I Will, as a springboard into deeper discussion on how we can move from an inward to an outward focus.
- October 1 – Introduction – Moving from I Am to I Will – GET AN ATTITUDE: But Be Sure It IS the Right One! from Philippians 2:5-11
- October 8 – I will worship with others – GOING TO CHURCH GOD’S WAY: The Impact of the Gathering (The Large Gathering) from Psalm 100 / John 4:21-26
- October 15 – I will grow together with others – GOING TO CHURCH GOD’S WAY: The Impact of the Gathering (The Small Gathering) from Acts 2:42-47
- October 22 – I will serve – SERVING OTHERS LIKE JESUS: Positioned to Make a Difference, from Mark 10:35-45
- October 29 – I will go – ON YOUR MARK, GET SET, GO! Becoming People Who Are Sent Out To Make a Difference, from Luke 10:1-3
- November 5 – I will give generously – TREASURES OF THE HEART: a Lifestyle of Generosity, from Matthew 6:19-21
- November 12 – I will not be a church dropout – CHURCH IS NOT A BURDEN: the Burnout of Activity or the Joy of Belonging? from Ephesians 2:8-10
- November 19 – I will avoid the traps of “churchianity” – CHURCH IS NOT A BURDEN, Part 2: Spectator or Participant? from 1 Corinthians 12:12-20
- November 26 – I will make a difference – THE PROPER CONFIDENCE: How Can You Be Certain Your Life Will Make an Impact? from Philippians 1:1-6
Walking Forward in God’s Presence
Psalms 120-134 represent the Ascent Psalms, historically sung by worshipers traveling up to Mount Zion (the historic name for Jerusalem). These songs expressed a sincere focus on God’s presence with them and their place in God’s presence as they anticipated their worship in Jerusalem. Traveling up, ascending to the place of worship, becomes the original story line of these psalms. Three specific Ascent Palms will define this teaching series, and will encourage today’s Christian in the purpose and blessings of living life daily in the presence of God. May this time in God’s Word develop and strengthen our faith in Christ, deepen our devotion, and transform our perspective.
Sunday, September 3 – Anticipation / Looking Forward – Psalm 123
Sunday, September 10 – Celebration / Looking Inward – Psalm 124
Sunday, September 17 – Foundation / Looking Upward – Psalm 125
CHURCH AND VISION, Celebrating the Next. (July – August 2017)
July 16 – Our Thinking about Church Challenged: What is Our Real Story? (Acts 13:16-41)
July 23 – Our Thinking About People Revitalized: Who Belongs in Our Story? (Acts 10:34-43)
July 30 – Our Thinking About Kingdom Awakened: What is the Ultimate Story? (Acts 28:31)
August 6 – Being a Member – Ephesians 4:11-12
August 13 – Being a Minister – 1 Corinthians 12:1-7
August 20 – Being on Mission – Acts 1:8 / Acts 26:15-18
HOME-LIFE 101. This sermon series will answer the question, “How can God use me to make my Home what it should be?”
May 14. Home-life 101: A Living Proverb for Life: Mothers.
May 21. Home-life 101: A True Investment for the Future: Children.
2 Timothy 3:15
May 28. Home-life 101: Whether One or Many: The Home.
June 4. Home-life 101: The Joy of Life Together: Family.
June 11. Home-life 101: A Vision of Covenant Marriage – For the Married and the ‘Not-Yet-Married’.
Genesis 2:18; Hebrews 13:4
June 18. Home-life 101: A Man of Compassion: Fathers.
MINISTRY 101. This sermon series engages basic New Testament principles for how one expresses his or her ministry in the local church.
April 23. Ministry 101: Christ’s Examples of Priorities in Ministry.
April 30. Ministry 101: Fulfill Your Ministry.
2 Timothy 4:1-8
May 7. Ministry 101: Credible Christian Faith: To Know Christ and to Make Him Known.