The Teaching Ministry of Dr. Kenneth R. Pruitt
How to Make a Lasting M-pact
Over the past four months, Ken has developed a strategy for our church to embrace the mission of Christ by helping us to see the need to embrace an equipping culture. The M’s we seek to establish are surrounded by COMMUNITY – FAITH – LOVE (Member – Minister – Mission). This series will use the information found in Thom Rainer’s book, I Will, as a springboard into deeper discussion on how we can move from an inward to an outward focus.
- October 1 – Introduction – Moving from I Am to I Will – GET AN ATTITUDE: But Be Sure It IS the Right One! from Philippians 2:5-11
- October 8 – I will worship with others – GOING TO CHURCH GOD’S WAY: The Impact of the Gathering (The Large Gathering) from Psalm 100 / John 4:21-26
- October 15 – I will grow together with others – GOING TO CHURCH GOD’S WAY: The Impact of the Gathering (The Small Gathering) from Acts 2:42-47
- October 22 – I will serve – SERVING OTHERS LIKE JESUS: Positioned to Make a Difference, from Mark 10:35-45
- October 29 – I will go – ON YOUR MARK, GET SET, GO! Becoming People Who Are Sent Out To Make a Difference, from Luke 10:1-3
- November 5 – I will give generously
- November 12 – I will not be a church dropout
- November 19 – I will avoid the traps of “churchianity”
Walking Forward in God’s Presence
Psalms 120-134 represent the Ascent Psalms, historically sung by worshipers traveling up to Mount Zion (the historic name for Jerusalem). These songs expressed a sincere focus on God’s presence with them and their place in God’s presence as they anticipated their worship in Jerusalem. Traveling up, ascending to the place of worship, becomes the original story line of these psalms. Three specific Ascent Palms will define this teaching series, and will encourage today’s Christian in the purpose and blessings of living life daily in the presence of God. May this time in God’s Word develop and strengthen our faith in Christ, deepen our devotion, and transform our perspective.
Sunday, September 3 – Anticipation / Looking Forward – Psalm 123
Sunday, September 10 – Celebration / Looking Inward – Psalm 124
Sunday, September 17 – Foundation / Looking Upward – Psalm 125
CHURCH AND VISION, Celebrating the Next. (July – August 2017)
July 16 – Our Thinking about Church Challenged: What is Our Real Story? (Acts 13:16-41)
July 23 – Our Thinking About People Revitalized: Who Belongs in Our Story? (Acts 10:34-43)
July 30 – Our Thinking About Kingdom Awakened: What is the Ultimate Story? (Acts 28:31)
August 6 – Being a Member – Ephesians 4:11-12
August 13 – Being a Minister – 1 Corinthians 12:1-7
August 20 – Being on Mission – Acts 1:8 / Acts 26:15-18
HOME-LIFE 101. This sermon series will answer the question, “How can God use me to make my Home what it should be?”
May 14. Home-life 101: A Living Proverb for Life: Mothers.
May 21. Home-life 101: A True Investment for the Future: Children.
2 Timothy 3:15
May 28. Home-life 101: Whether One or Many: The Home.
June 4. Home-life 101: The Joy of Life Together: Family.
June 11. Home-life 101: A Vision of Covenant Marriage – For the Married and the ‘Not-Yet-Married’.
Genesis 2:18; Hebrews 13:4
June 18. Home-life 101: A Man of Compassion: Fathers.
MINISTRY 101. This sermon series engages basic New Testament principles for how one expresses his or her ministry in the local church.
April 23. Ministry 101: Christ’s Examples of Priorities in Ministry.
April 30. Ministry 101: Fulfill Your Ministry.
2 Timothy 4:1-8
May 7. Ministry 101: Credible Christian Faith: To Know Christ and to Make Him Known.