November 19th and 26th
Advent in a Box distribution
[ Advent Devotionals ]
6:00 p.m. – Youth Christmas Party
6:00 p.m. – Pre-teen Christmas Party
December 3rd – Advent I
8:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. – Worship Service
5:00 p.m. – JOY Club to Tidewater Winds Concert at Sandler Center
5:30-8:30 p.m. – Winter Wonderland: Parents’ Night Out
Registration is Required [ more info ]
December 10th – Advent II
8:30 a.m. – Worship Service
11:00 a.m. – Worship Service (combined with the Well)
6:00 p.m. – A Night of Worship
“Hallelujah For the Baby Who Came”
3:00 p.m. – JOY Club to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens
December 17th – Advent III
8:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. – Worship Service
December 24th – Christmas Eve Services (Advent IV)
9:00 a.m. – Christmas Fellowship
10:00 a.m. – One Church Wide Worship Service
5:00 p.m. – Vespers (Candles, Carols, Communion)
We all loved the fall colors last Sunday!
This Week’s THEME: Patriotic Night – Wear Red, White & Blue to show your American Pride for Veterans! And yes, uniforms are required and can be part of your Red / White / Blue outfits.
PARENT’S NIGHT OUT: Winter Wonderland
Friday, December 8
5:30 – 8:30 pm
Dinner – Fun – Movie
Please reply to this email if you would like to sign up for this event! We’ll also have sign-up sheets available on Sunday. We are making plans for this event and need you to sign up by Wednesday, December 6. This will be a great date night or you can maybe do a little Christmas shopping without the little ones!
We need Kids Names, Ages, Parent’s Name, Cell Phone (that you will have with you that night) and Food Allergies (and any other medical info we may need that night). [ view the poster here ]
Don’t forget to bring back your boxes for Operation Christmas Child! They are due This Sunday so we can deliver them to the regional pickup locations next week!
If you miss a week, don’t forget that parents can sign off the next section to catch up. Ask the teachers on Sunday if you have any questions. We are keeping the kids on schedule this year with all kids working on the same section each week and appreciate your help! You can check your child’s book to see if they are missing any sections.
TREASURES OF THE HEART: A Lifestyle of Generosity.
Impact Point: I will give generously
Jesus Teaches a Kingdom Principle . . .
- The principle takes the form of a command (Matthew 6:19-20)
- do not store treasures on earth
- do store treasures in Heaven
- The command is built upon a divine value (Matthew 6:19-20)
- the value of treasures on earth
- the value of treasures in heaven
- The value determines man’s spiritual condition (Matthew 6:21-24)
- the heart (Matthew 6:21)
- the mind (Matthew 6:22-23)
- the will (Matthew 6:24)
Questions for Further Study:
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could have only three possessions with you, what would you choose and why?
- What valuable possessions do you have that cannot be replaced?
- What are some things you’d never give up, no matter how much money you were offered for them?
- Where did Jesus urge His followers not to “store up treasures”? Why? (Matthew 6:19)
- Why did Jesus discourage stockpiling things? (Matthew 6:19)
- What can happen to a person’s material possessions? (Matthew 6:19)
- Where did Jesus encourage us to invest our wealth? Why? (Matthew 6:20)
- Why is heaven a better place to “bank” than earth? (Matthew 6:20)
- What does the location of a person’s treasure say about that person? (Matthew 6:21)
- What is described as the “lamp of the body”? How is this so? (Matthew 6:22)
- What is the result of “good eyes”? (Matthew 6:22)
- When will people’s lives be full of darkness? (Matthew 6:23)
- What did Jesus say about serving two masters? (Matthew 6:24)
- Why did Jesus say we cannot serve two masters? (Matthew 6:24)
- What two masters did Jesus mention in this context? Why? (Matthew 6:24)
- How have you felt whenever you have lost a valued possession?
- How can we “store up . . . treasures in heaven”?
- How can we determine where our treasure is (and thus where our hearts are)?
- What sort of things do you think about most?
- Where does your mind naturally gravitate to in those moments just before you go to bed?
- How clear is your spiritual vision right now?
- What masters most often fight for your allegiance?
- In what ways do you serve money?
- In what ways can you master your money?
- How could you make an investment in eternity today?
- What committed Christian friends could help you evaluate your use of money in the next month?
This Week’s THEME: Fall Fun – Wear Fall Colors (red, yellow, orange, brown, etc)! Wear your uniforms (vests & shirts) too – and don’t forget the tennis shoes!
Mark your calendars for Parent’s Night Out on Friday, December 8! This will be a great date night or you can maybe do a little Christmas shopping without the little ones!
Don’t forget to pick up your boxes for Operation Christmas Child if you are interested in packing a box for children around the world! You can even track the box if you want.
If you miss a week, don’t forget that parents can sign off the next section to catch up. Reply to this email or ask the teachers on Sunday if you have any questions. We are keeping the kids on schedule this year with all kids working on the same section each week and appreciate your help!
Sunday, November 19th
On Sunday, November 19th, our students will have the opportunity to sit in on adult Sunday School classes. Students will be split up into adult classes with 3 or 4 students per class. (No student will be alone!) There will be a time for students and adults to get to know each other. The adults will do their normal lesson and students can participate if they choose.
The main goal of the day is for our students and adults to get to know each other. Studies (and experience) have shown that knowing more adults in the church leads to a more positive church experience for our students…and makes them more likely to stay plugged into a faith community during their teenage years and beyond.
Please encourage your student to attend and PLEASE have them to church by 9:40 on Sunday, November 19th!
This will help us get them to a Sunday School class on time.
We don’t want to be a disruption to the class.
Each year, our church collects food to give out to families in need at Thanksgiving. This year, we’re supporting 20 families. We need help sorting and packaging all the donations so we can hand them out!
10 students are needed to help fill Thanksgiving Baskets at the church on Thursday, November 17th @ 5:30 p.m.
If you are available to help, there is a sign up sheet in the youth room!
MIDWEEK BIBLE STUDY
It’s All About Community
Come hang out with Pastor Ken as he talks about the vision for the church! He’s going to be sharing how students play a part in that vision, and what they can be doing to bring others into community!
This Wednesday November 1 at 6:15.
Questions for Further Discussion:
- In what manner were the seventy-two followers sent out? (Luke 10:1)
- According to Jesus, why were His followers to pray for more workers? (Luke 10:2)
- To what did Jesus liken His followers? (Luke 10:3)
- What instructions did Jesus give the seventy-two concerning their departure? (Luke 10:4)
- What were Jesus’ followers to do about accommodations? (Luke 10:5-8)
- What were the seventy-two sent out to do? (Luke 10:9)
- What was life like for the seventy-two disciples?
- Which of the jobs done by the seventy-two do we see in action today?
- What instructions has Jesus given you?
- When can you set aside time to pray regularly to learn your place among those whom God has sent out?
- Whom else can you encourage in our church or fellowship group to join you in prayer and service?
Great Job with Service Night – it was impressive to hear all the ways the kids served and to see all the cute outfits!
One of the service projects that the kids worked on last Saturday at church was Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes. We will have boxes and brochures for this project on Sunday if you would like to pack a shoebox as a family!
This Week’s THEME: Costume Night – No masks or scary costumes; and wear your tennis shoes!
Mark your calendars for Parent’s Night Out on Friday, December 8! This will be a great date night or you can maybe do a little Christmas shopping without the little ones! [ Share the PNO Link ]
If you miss a week, parents can sign off the next section to catch up. Reply to this email or ask the teachers on Sunday if you have any questions!