Content for a Class Discussion
[ Join the Wednesday Life Group: Click Here About How to Join ]
As a family, get together to discuss a few of these questions, based on Ken’s passage on Sunday.
As a class, while we may not be able to get together, we CAN get on the phone and have a spiritual conversation. Will you commit to this process, to get more out of what Ken preaches on Sunday?
Ken 2021-04-18 – LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS for 2021-04-21
Defeating Darkness – Jesus’ conversation with demons.
- When did a vacation turn into something unpleasant or unexpected?
- What is the most dramatic change you ever saw in someone’s behavior?
- When was the last time you had such wonderful news that you could not wait to tell someone about it?
- What do people today think of the devil and demons?
- What makes people resistant to talking about God or religion?
- Where did the events of this story take place? (Mark 5:1)
- Who went out to meet Jesus? (Mark 5:2)
- What was the man’s life like before he met Jesus? (Mark 5:3-5)
- How had the townspeople coped with the demon-possessed man Jesus met? (Mark 5:4)
- Why was the man Jesus met chained up? (Mark 5:4-5)
- How did the demon-possessed man react to Jesus? (Mark 5:6-7)
- Why were the demons so terrified of Jesus? (Mark 5:7)
- What did Jesus do to help the demon-possessed man? (Mark 5:8-9) What do we learn about demons in this passage?
- What did the demons beg of Jesus? (Mark 5:10)
- What happened when the demons asked to go into the pigs? (Mark 5:11-13)
- The Rest of the Story:
- How did news of this event spread? (Mark 5:14-16)
- What was the man’s life like after Jesus ordered the demons out of him? (Mark 5:15-20)
- What did the Gerasene people think of Jesus’ gracious action on the man’s behalf? (Mark 5:17)
- Where did the man whom Jesus had helped want to go? (5:18)
- What request did Jesus deny? Why? (Mark 5:18-19)
- How did the man respond to Jesus’ instructions? (Mark 5:19-20)
- The Gerasene people opposed Jesus even though He helped them; why do people sometimes oppose Christians today?
- Over what areas of our lives does Jesus have power and authority?
- What are some concrete ways we can turn over control of our lives to Christ?
- What does God want to deliver us from?
- If you had been in the same situation as the Gerasene people, how would you have reacted to Jesus’ healing of the demon-possessed man?
- When has the Lord delivered you from a sickness or difficulty in your life? How did you react?
- How can we show gratitude to God for what He has given us?
- What can you do this week to bring the message of Christ to a friend or coworker?
- What is one area of your life that you can ask God to heal?
- How can you say thank you to God for the way He has worked in your life?