KGBC Workday Project List
September 23, 2017
THIS Saturday is our church workday. We’re getting together at 8:00 a.m.
Look over the ONLINE LIST and come prepared to do what you would like to do, and bring the necessary tools to get it done. We will purchase supplies.
- Walk the building and notice florescent lights needing ballast attention.
- Room 15, ceiling near the entrance door needs repair.
- Hallways outside of Room 15 needs attention and paint.
- Ceiling in Room 5 needs attention and paint.
- Adult hallways need wall touch up with paint.
- Adult hallways trim, touch up with paint.
- Room 202 has a cinder block wall at the window, needing attention and paint.
- Upstairs hallway door trim in several places needs paint.
- Stairwell railings need brown paint in spots.
- Visit harvest hall
- Walls need attention and touchup paint
- Air return vent needs to be replaced and painted.
- Small column between the windows need attention and paint, at the bottom.
- Lighting track on the ceiling is not working, just left of the window at the stage area.
- Adult hallway classes – check the bottom row of block for bubbling; repair and paint.
- Baptistry stairs, at top, need correct color for touchup painting.
- Baptistry needs molding and caulking, front and back of the tub.
- Baptistry windows need cleaning, power washing outside.
- Welcome center entrance needs power washing at the top, spider webs etc.
- The tall part of the welcome center roof, outside wood needs painting.
- Remove the “pirate ship” wooden playground.
- Mulch the two playground lots.
- Mulch the AC unit areas behind the educational building.
- The GFI plug near the outside window of Harvest Hall needs an exterior cover.
- Check the entire playground area for bees and wasp nests.
- Check the “volleyball” yard for low places, and holes, fill in with dirt.
- What sort of cover can we put over the field drain pipe cleanout access (two spots could turn an ankle).
- The ceiling in the outside portico entrance of the sanctuary needs repair and paint.
- Flood lights in the bushes in front of the sanctuary, left needs to be replaced, the right needs electricity (power is disrupted between the two ground lights).
- Pull weeds and Virginia Creeper out of bushes and beds near the building.
- Power wash the main sign at the road and paint the wood frame.
- Replace the white board in the choir room (on the west side of the room).
- Remove the bulletin board in room 202 and hang it in the hallway near room 204.
- The office area needs painting (maybe a light gray) or at least touched up in many places.
- The kitchen grease trap needs to be emptied, measured, and cleaned. We need documentation on what we remove and how much we remove.
- The kitchen sink plumbing needs to be replaced, the metal pipes are eroding and PVC is recommended.