October 31 is on Wednesday so we are planning a big community event! Rather than having something where we invite the community to our campus, we are sending our people into the community.
So, plan on eating with us at 5:00 on October 31 – (Catered Pollard’s Chicken).
Then, at 6:00, we will deploy to our six host homes in our community. These homes are not hosting members into their homes but into their driveway or cul-de-sac. As families with children roam the neighborhood in search of candy and treats, our families will be shining the light as good neighbors, meeting new friends and neighbors, bragging on costumes, meeting parents, and handing out a goodie bag from the church.
It’s simple, just be a good neighbor out and about in the community, and live life on mission!
PS… to choir members, you have the night off from rehearsal!
5 easy steps toward missional living (an example of M3):
- Visit a designated host home after our Mid-Week Café meal. All host homes are posted. [The Mid-Week Café opens as usual at 5pm. Everyone will need to report to host homes by 6pm]
- Grab your outdoor chairs, and head to a host home to help build community.
- Have some fun and hand out “Shine The Light on Halloween Night” gifts and candy.
- When possible, have conversation with families making the traditional Halloween stops (conversations to introduce yourselves to the community, and to make meaningful connection).
- Enjoy building community with your church family and any new friends God brings your way (and intentionally get to know your church family members better).