God’s Salvation and Man’s Crisis
5 Apologetics of the Christian Faith
- The Name of God (John 12:27-29).
- The Message of the Cross (John 12:30-34).
- The Relevance of Jesus (John 12:35-37).
- The Need of this Present Culture (John 12:38-43).
- The Accountability with the Truth (John 12:44-50).
Questions for Further Study:
- Who or what in life encourages you to be self-centered?
- Are you moire likely to panic at a big crisis of a small one?
- When have you set aside your own needs temporarily to meet the needs of other people?
- What did the group of Greeks ask Philip? (John 12:20-22)
- What brought these gentiles to a Jewish festival?
- For most of John’s book, Jesus is telling people his time had not yet come (John 2:4, 7:6, 7:30), so what happened? (John 12:23)
- What did Jesus say had come? (John 12:23)
- What did Jesus say about a kernel of wheat? (John 12:24)
- What did Jesus say about loving and hating life? (John 12:25)
- What did Jesus say about the person who wants to serve Him? (John 12:26)
- How did Jesus feel? (John 12:27)
- What was Jesus’ attitude? (John 12:27)
- Why didn’t Jesus ask the Father to save Him? (John 12:27)
- What did Jesus ask the Father to do? (John 12:28)
- How did the crowd react to God’s voice? (John 12:29)
- What time did Jesus say it was? (John 12:31)
- What did Jesus say would happen when He was lifted up? (John 12:32)
- How did the crowd respond to Jesus’ words? (John 12:34)
- In what way was Jesus’ audience running out of time? (John 12:35)
- What did Jesus tell the crowd to do? (John 12:36)
- How do we love our own lives?
- How does Jesus want us to hate our lives?
- When and why is it difficult for you to serve and follow Jesus?
- What does it mean for us to “walk in the light”?
- What tempts you to wander in the darkness rather than walk in the light?
- What example has Jesus set for us to follow?
- How can a group of people all have the same experience but interpret it differently?
- What is one change you can make in your life to become more attentive to the needs of others over your own?
- In what areas of your life are you in denial?
- Where is Jesus calling you to die so that you might live?
- On to what do you tend to hold rather than follow Jesus?
- Do you feel more like you are walking in darkness or in the light?
- To whom can you be helpful today? How?
Spread the Community, Faith, Love