Four Ways to Know the Difference between Real and Artificial Faith.
- RELATIONSHIP – My sheep know ME, that is personal and relational. Salvation is not based on my family connection to God, or my involvement in the church, or the work of my hands.
- Believing (John 10:25-26)
- Hearing (John 10:27)
- DISCIPLESHIP – Jesus calls us to follow him.
- Joining – Matthew 4:18-22 – they dropped their nets.
- Honoring – 2 Corinthians 4:6 – we will shine and give God glory.
- Following – Luke 9:23 – deny self, take up our cross, and follow.
- KINGDOM LIFE – Jesus gives life, abundant and free, not just life in heaven but life that comes up from everywhere here on earth.
- CONFIDENCE – no one can take us away, we are secure in Christ, we hold his hold, but more importantly, he holds OUR hand, like a father grasps the hand of his daughter, he will not let go. The security is based on the father’s ability to hold on, not the daughter’s own strength or effort.
Questions for Further Study:
- What truths are hard for you to accept? Why?
- How did your family typically handle conflict when you were growing up?
- What question did the Jews ask Jesus? (John 10:22-24)
- How did Jesus answer the Jews’ question? (John 10:25-26)
- What did Jesus say His sheep did? (John 10:27)
- What did Jesus say He gave to His sheep? (John 10:28)
- What did Jesus say that no one could do to His sheep? (John 10:28-29)
- With whom did Jesus claim to be one? (John 10:30)
- Why do people today fail to realize that Jesus is God?
- In what way are you Jesus’ sheep?
- What makes you feel secure in your relationship with your friends?
- What makes you feel secure in your relationship with God?
- How secure is your relationship with God?
- How will you demonstrate your thankfulness to God today for your secure relationship with Him?
- What steps will you take to follow your Shepherd closely this week?