The Truth of Jesus Proven Through a Life Restored
First Observation. What Jesus did. (John 9:1-7)
Jesus brought the needs and inabilities of the blind man into the realm of God’s Work.
Second Observation. What the blind man did. (John 9:8-12)
The blind man responded to Jesus reordering His steps.
Third Observation. What the culture did. (John 9:13-34)
The culture was skeptical of the supernatural change Jesus brought to the blind man.
Fourth Observation. What change does. (John 9:35-41)
The blind man believed and worshipped.
Questions for Further Study:
- Who do you know who has challenged “the establishment” or “the system”?
- About what do you tend to get complacent?
- To whom was the blind man taken? (John 9:13)
- On what day did Jesus heal the blind man? (John 9:14)
- What did the Pharisees ask the blind man? (John 9:15)
- Over what were the Pharisees divided? (John 9:16)
- Who did the blind man think Jesus was? (John 9:17)
- Why did the Pharisees send for the blind man’s parents? (John 9:18)
- How did the blind man’s parents answer the Pharisees’ questions? (John 9:19-21)
- What did the blind man’s parents fear? (John 9:22-23)
- What did the Pharisees ask the blind man to do? (John 9:24)
- How did the blind man respond to the Pharisees? (John 9:25)
- What question did the blind man ask the Pharisees? (John 9:27)
- Whose disciples did the Pharisees claim to be? (John 9:28)
- What did the blind man say was remarkable? (John 9:29-30)
- What did the blind man say nobody had ever done? (John 9:31-32)
- What convinced the blind man that Jesus was from God? (John 9:33)
- What did the Pharisees do to the man who was born blind? (John 9:34)
- What divides Christian leaders today?
- How would you react to a miraculous healing?
- Why do you believe Jesus is from God?
- When have your parents disappointed you?
- How do you respond when your authority is challenged?
- What authority have you ever challenged?
- How do people respond when the status quo is disturbed?
- In what way has Jesus upset the status quo in your life?
- When have you allowed fear to control your behavior?
- In what way are Christians today complacent?
- In what way has Jesus opened your once-blind eyes?
- What area of your life about which you have become complacent do you need to allow Jesus to revitalize? How?
- What program in your church about which people have become complacent can you help revitalize?
- How would you challenge someone this week who disputed the authority of God?