If Anyone is Thirsty, Come to Me
Why do we tend to doubt?
- The Disciples – John 7:1-11 – We don’t fully understand the mission of Jesus.
- The Crowd – John 7:12-31 – Fear can paralyze us – like the loss of comfort or change.
- The Religious Leaders – John 7:32-53 – Our hearts become hardened toward a downward spiral of unbelief.
Questions for Further Study:
- In what do people today put their faith?
- What ideas tend to cause division among the people you know?
- What questions did the people begin asking about Jesus? (John 7:25-26)
- Why was it significant that people knew where Jesus was from? (John 7:27)
- What did Jesus cry out in the temple court? (John 7:28-29)
- What did the people try to do? (John 7:30)
- Why were the people unsuccessful in trying to seize Jesus? (John 7:30)
- What reason did some of the people give for putting their faith in Jesus? (John 7:31)
- What did the Pharisees do when they heard the crowd talking about Jesus? (John 7:32)
- How long did Jesus say He would be with His audience? (John 7:33)
- What did Jesus say the people would be unable to do? (John 7:34)
- How did the Jews respond to what Jesus said? (John 7:35-36)
- What invitation did Jesus offer on the last day of the Feast? (John 7:37)
- What result did Jesus promise for those who believed in Him? (John 7:38)
- Why hadn’t the Spirit been given yet? (John 7:39)
- What conclusions did the people come to about Jesus? (John 7:40-41)
- Why did the people get confused over Jesus’ identity? (John 7:41-42)
- What effect did Jesus have on these people? (John 7:43)
- What did some of the people want to do? (John 7:44)
- What has the world as a whole concluded about Jesus?
- What can you tell about a person from his or her hometown?
- How has your background shaped you into the person you are today?
- When do you feel most refreshed in your relationship with Christ?
- How has Jesus caused division among groups of people with whom you are associated?
- How has Jesus satisfied your thirsts and longings in life?
- In what way do we attempt to satisfy our thirsts and longings in life outside of Christ?
- What specific thirst or longing do you need to trust Christ to satisfy this week?
- How can you refresh your relationship with God today?