Knowing Jesus, Knowing Real Life:
I am the Bread of Life.
- Three Life-problems Jesus Exposed (John 6:26-34)
- A superficial commitment (John 6:26) What’s in it for me?
- An ignorance of the spiritual (John 6:27-29) A love for the material where faith is devalued.
- An attitude of entitlement (John 6:30-34) Wow me or else I’m out of here.
- Three Reasons Jesus Referred to Himself as the Bread of Life (John 6:35-59)
- Jesus is Essential (John 6:35-40) Both are essential for life.
- Jesus fulfills the “I Am.” (John 6:41-51) “Flesh” here means “flesh,” not “soma” (body).
- Jesus Satisfies (John 6:52-59) Living bread will provide lasting satisfaction.
- Three Ways This Truth Affects My Life (John 6:60-71)
- A challenge to our basic knowledge of Jesus and our idea of following Him (John 6:60-61) The gospel is offensive, scandalon.
- An openness to the spiritual work of God through Christ in our lives (John 6:62-65)
- The resolve the Jesus is the absolute and only answer for my life (John 6:68-71)
Questions for Further Study:
- What kind of bread do you like most?
- How do people attempt to satisfy their need to feel secure and significant in life?
- What needs do you spend the majority of your time trying to satisfy?
- Why did the crowd seek Jesus? (John 6:26)
- What did Jesus say the Son of Man would give to these people? (John 6:27)
- What did Jesus say was the work of God? (John 6:28-29)
- What did the crowd ask Jesus to do? (John 6:30-31)
- Who did Jesus say was the true bread of life? (John 6:32-33)
- What did Jesus say would be the result of coming to Him? (John 6:35)
- What did Jesus say He would never do to those who came to Him? (John 6:37)
- Why did Jesus come down from heaven? (John 6:38)
- What did Jesus say is the Father’s will? (John 6:39-40)
- Why did the Jews begin to grumble? (John 6:41-42)
- Who did Jesus say could come to Him? (John 6:43-44)
- What did Jesus say would be the result of believing? (John 6:47)
- What contrast does Jesus make between manna and the bread of life? (John 6:48-51, 58)
- What did Jesus say about His flesh and His blood? (John 6:53-57)
- What things do we seek from Jesus?
- In what ways do you have a demanding attitude toward God?
- When and why did you come to Jesus?
- In what way has Jesus satisfied your hunger and thirst for acceptance and meaning in life?
- In what ways do you still feel empty?
- What situations cause you to feel insecure?
- When do you feel secure in your relationship with God? Why?
- How has the Christian life turned out to be different from what you expected?
- In what way is Jesus an example for us to follow?
- What can you do today to rely on God, rather than on things or people, to satisfy your needs?
- What demanding attitudes do you need to ask God to help you change?
Spread the Community, Faith, Love