The Impact of the Empty Tomb Today
The Resurrection Account (Luke 24:1-12)
- Human reality
- Divine Reality
- When the Two Collide
The Resurrection Applied (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
- The Reality of Salvation in Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1): Facts of the Christian Life
- “Heard the Gospel.”
- “Received the Gospel.”
- “Take You Stand.”
- The Human Reality (1 Corinthians 15:2): Challenges to the Christian Life
- “You are saved.”
- “You Hold Firm.”
- “Or, you have believed in Vain.”
- When the Two Collide (1 Corinthians 15:3-4): The Foundation of the Christian Life
- “Christ Died for Our Sins.”
- “He Was Buried.”
- “He Rose Again.”
Questions for Further Study:
- How do people pass on their beliefs and traditions to others?
- What do you think is important to pass on from one generation to the next?
- What do you want others to remember about you?
- How can a Christian avoid believing the gospel in vain? (1 Corinthians 15:1-2)
- Why is it important to “hold firmly to the word”? (1 Corinthians 15:2)
- Why did Paul pass on what he had received? (1 Corinthians 15:3)
- How did Christ’s life fulfill the Scriptures? (1 Corinthians 15:3)
- What are the key points of the gospel? (1 Corinthians 15:3-8)
- To whom did Christ appear after His resurrection? (1 Corinthians 15:5-8)
- Why did Paul emphasize the facts of Christ’s resurrection? (1 Corinthians 15:5-8)
- Why did Paul describe himself as one “abnormally born”? (1 Corinthians 15:8)
- Why did Paul feel unworthy to be called an apostle? (1 Corinthians 15:9)
- For what reason was Paul able to call himself an apostle? (1 Corinthians 15:10)
- On what did Paul’s apostleship rest? (1 Corinthians 15:10)
- How would you describe, in your own words, the importance of the gospel to your life?
- What has God’s grace accomplished in you?
- In what one area of your life have you been stubborn about allowing God’s grace to work?
- What does it mean for you to hold firmly to the gospel?
- What are the implications of the fact that the truth of the gospel is of first importance to God?
- What difference does it make that Christ’s death and resurrection fulfilled Old Testament prophecy?
- How does Christ appear or make Himself known to us today?
- What evidence could you use to persuade others this week about the truth of the gospel?
- How could you rely on God’s grace in your efforts to tell your friends about Christ?
Spread the Community, Faith, Love