THREE WAYS TO PREPARE FOR EASTER
Luke 19:37-38; Romans 1:1-7
- We prepare through an authentic life of praise and adoration to Jesus Christ.
- We prepare as the Object of our praise and adoration becomes our identity.
- We prepare as our Identity in Christ becomes confirmed through genuinely belonging to the church.
Questions for Further Study:
- What are some of the normal ways people begin a letter or a phone call?
- When have you been startled by the opening paragraph of a letter?
- If you were writing the initial letter to a pen pal, how would you introduce yourself?
- How did Paul introduce and identify himself to the Romans? (Romans 1:1)
- What special calling on his life did Paul feel? (Romans 1:1)
- In what ways has God revealed His gospel to people? (Romans 1:2-4)
- Who is the focus of God’s gospel? (Romans 1:2-4)
- What credentials does Jesus have to confirm His claim as Son of God? (Romans 1:3-4)
- What did Paul and others receive as a calling for their lives? (Romans 1:5)
- Who were the new group of people being exposed to the gospel message? (Romans 1:5)
- What were the Gentiles and all people being called to believe? (Romans 1:5)
- How did Paul describe the people who were receiving this letter? (Romans 1:6)
- To whom was this letter written? (Romans 1:7)
- What kind of greeting did Paul send to his audience? (Romans 1:7)
- In what way do you feel God has placed a special calling on your life?
- What purpose for living has God given you?
- What words do you use to describe yourself to others as a follower of Jesus Christ?
- How did you feel when you realized God’s gospel was meaningful to you?
- What do most people today believe about God’s plan for the world?
- What do most people today believe about God’s plan for their personal salvation?
- How have your beliefs about Jesus Christ changed during the various stages of your life?
- In what ways would remembering in prayer each day God’s calling on and plan for your life affect your daily walk with Christ?
- With whom could you share God’s unfolding plan of salvation for the whole world?
- How would you explain God’s plan of salvation to a friend?
- To what friend could you explain God’s love and your response to His plan of salvation? How?
Spread the Community, Faith, Love