A Life Change
5 Practical Differences the Risen Christ Brings to our Lives
Colossians 3:1-17 (Romans 12:3-8)
Since You have been raised up with Christ:
- Your affections. (Colossians 3:1-4)
- Your past. (Colossians 3:5-7).
- Your character. (Colossians 3:8-11).
- Your relationships. (Colossians 3:12-15)
- Your worship and work. (Colossians 3:16-17; Romans 12:3-8)
Questions for Further Discussion:
- What’s the nicest suit or outfit you have ever worn?
- When you’re finished with your old clothes, what do you often do with them?
- Where did Paul tell the Colossians to turn their attention? (Colossians 3:1)
- Where did Paul tell the believers to focus their concern? (Colossians 3:2)
- What was the Colossians’ security? (Colossians 3:3)
- Why should believers look forward to Christ’s return? (Colossians 3:4)
- What must die? (Colossians 3:5)
- What evil activities does God seek to eliminate from our lives? (Colossians 3:5)
- Why is God’s wrath coming? (Colossians 3:5-6)
- What had the Colossians taken off? (Colossians 3:7-9)
- What had the Colossians put on? (Colossians 3:10)
- What distinctions are removed in Christ? (Colossians 3:11)
- What virtues does God seek to plant in us? (Colossians 3:12, 14)
- How were the Colossian believers called to clothe themselves? (Colossians 3:12-17)
- Why did Paul call on the believers to be peaceful and thankful? (Colossians 3:15-16)
- What should we do? How? (Colossians 3:17)
- What is one principle that ought to guide everything we do? (Colossians 3:17)
- If you consistently set your sights on Christ and heaven, how would your life be different?
- What old, “earthly” clothing do you need to get rid of?
- How does wearing “Christ’s clothing” affect the way you live your daily life?
- What Christian virtues are you lacking?
- What spiritual process is involved in “putting off” and “putting on”?
- What is involved in replacing old habits with new ones?
- How should life in Christ affect the way you treat others?
- How are all your relationships to be built around Christ?
- Why do we need to be loving toward others?
- Why is a thankful spirit an important part of holy living?
- Which of God’s goals for holy living do you need to apply to your life this week?
- How can you be more thankful and loving to those who are close to you?