The Significance of a Life of Faith
[ Full Outline Found Here ]
Faith is COMMON
Faith is CONVERSION
Faith is CONTEMPLATIVE
Faith is CONTINUAL
What is it in this Story that Involves Faith?
The PLACES (John 4:43-46a)
The PREDICAMENT (John 4:46b)
The PLEA (John 4:47)
The PROBLEM (John 4:48)
The PERSISTENCE (John 4:49)
The PROMISE (John 4:50)
The PATH (John 4:50)
The PAYOFF (John 4:51-54)
Faith is CONFIRMED (John 4:51-53a)
Faith is CONTAGIOUS (John 4:53b-54)
The Movement of this Father’s Faith…
A man having faith in Jesus’ POWER
A man having faith in Jesus’ PROMISE
A man having faith in Jesus’ PERSON
Questions for Further Study:
- What are some things that people believe in that they either haven’t seen or can’t see?
- What celebrity would you gladly welcome as a guest in your home? Why?
- Where did Jesus go after He left Samaria? (John 4:43)
- What did Jesus say about prophets? (John 4:44)
- Why did the Galileans welcome Jesus? (John 4:45)
- What had Jesus done in Cana? (John 4:46)
- What did the royal official ask Jesus to do? (John 4:47)
- What did Jesus say about miraculous signs? (John 4:48)
- How did the royal official respond to Jesus’ comment about miraculous signs? (John 4:49)
- What did Jesus say in response to the royal official’s renewed request? (John 4:50)
- What was the royal official’s response to what Jesus said? (John 4:50)
- When did the royal official’s son get better? (John 4:51-53)
- What impact did Jesus’ healing have on the royal official’s household? (John 4:53)
- How many miracles had Jesus performed? (John 4:54) What do you think John calls these miracles, “signs”?
- For what reasons are people interested in Jesus today?
- In what ways are we typically more interested in what Jesus can do for us than what we can do for Jesus?
- What miracles have you asked Jesus to do in your life?
- When do we usually find ourselves asking God to help us?
- Why is it sometimes hard to take Jesus at His word?
- What are some things God has told us in His Word that are hard for you to believe?
- How have you exercised believing—sight unseen—faith in Jesus?
- What miraculous signs are people looking for today?
- In what ways are we demanding of God in our relationship with Him?
- What impact would a miraculous event have in your life?
- What are some miracles God has worked in your life?
- What is something specific you can thank God for doing in your life?
- How do you need to trust in God this week to handle a situation you can’t control or work out on your own?