How Should We Respond to Jesus?
A Life That Misses Him
5 Ways A Life can miss the truth of Jesus
- When we become satisfied with religious convenience. (John 2:12-14)
- The sacrifices were right onsite, no need to travel with animals used in the sacrifice.
- There was obvious commotion, with all the activity in the courtyard.
- Whatever was going on, it was disturbing to Jesus.
- When we are driven by our own personal gain. (John 2:15)
- The exchanges were on commission.
- We cannot serve God and money. (Luke 16:13)
- We are working for what profit? (Mark 8:36)
- When we do not honor what is dedicated to God. (John 2:16-17)
- The commerce was abusing worship, God, and others.
- Is this house dedicated to the Father or simply a place to get my personal needs met?
- We are the temple of God (Romans 12:1)
- When we have more religion than we do relationship. (John 2:18-21)
- Church attendance is not the end goal.
- How to keep teenagers from graduating God and the church after they graduate from high school?
- A meaningful relationship with Christian parents.
- A relationship with a mentor who is not a parent.
- A dynamic relationship with Jesus.
- When we ignore the condition of our heart.(John 2:22-25)
- If we are not following, we are not believing.
- They believed in Jesus, but he did not entrust himself to them.
- “Entrust” is the same word “believe” in the previous verse.
- While they believed in Jesus, he did not believe in them – may this never be said of us as a church, or me as an individual.
- God help us to avoid shallow or superficial faith.
Questions for Further Study:
- How do you feel after a much-needed bath or shower?
- Why do we put off necessary cleaning (such as the bedroom, car, or garage)?
- With whom did Jesus go to Capernaum? (John 2:12)
- What time was it when Jesus went to Jerusalem? (John 2:13)
- What did Jesus find in the temple courts? (John 2:14)
- What did Jesus do in the temple courts? (John 2:15)
- How did Jesus respond to those who were selling doves? (John 2:16)
- What did Jesus’ disciples remember? (John 2:17)
- What did the Jews demand from Jesus? (John 2:18)
- How did Jesus respond to the demand from the Jews? (John 2:19)
- What temple did the Jews think Jesus was talking about? (John 2:20)
- What temple was Jesus talking about? (John 2:21)
- When did the disciples remember what Jesus had said? (John 2:22)
- How did the people respond to Jesus’ miracles? (John 2:23)
- What was Jesus’ response to those who believed in Him? (John 2:24-25)
- How has Jesus cleansed our lives?
- What does Jesus still need to clear out of our lives?
- What do we demand from Jesus?
- How do we attempt to use the church to our own advantage?
- In what ways do people accuse the church or believers of being corrupt or hypocritical?
- What sign has Jesus given us to believe in?
- Why is it sometimes hard to recognize how God is working in our lives?
- What will you ask Jesus to clear out of your life this week?
- What demanding attitude do you need to change today?
Spread the Community, Faith, Love