The Story. God’s Plan Revealed
Isaiah 9:1-2, 6-7
- The Story: from brokenness to redemption (Isaiah 9:1)
- The Hope: divinely planned and forever assured (Isaiah 9:2)
- The Person: a Light has dawned. (Isaiah 9:2, 6-7)
Questions for Further Study:
- What positive associations do you have with light?
- Although he had been preaching God’s judgment (particularly on the kingdom of Israel), what
total reversal did Isaiah foresee in the future? (Isaiah 9:1)
- What contrasting images did Isaiah use to set the scene of his prophecy? (Isaiah 9:2)
- To what situations did Isaiah compare the joy that will be Israel’s? (Isaiah 9:3)
- What did Isaiah predict God would do for Israel, causing her to rejoice? (Isaiah 9:4-5)
- How does Isaiah describe the Ruler who will be provided by God for His people? (Isaiah 9:6-7)
- What attributes of God are apparent in this passage?
- How is God’s promise of the coming child an answer to His anger over our sin?
- How would you explain the Light that came into your darkness?
Why might it be dangerous to downplay the seriousness of our situation whenever we encounter hardship?
- What specific injustice in your area of influence can you challenge in the name of God? How?
- What person do you know who is still “walking in darkness” for whom God would have you
Spread the Community, Faith, Love