THE PROPER CONFIDENCE
How Can You Be Certain Your Life Will Make an Impact?
Impact Statement #9: I will make a difference.
Your Life Will Have a Lasting Impact as you…
- Engage your spheres of influence (Philippians 1:1-2)
- Consistently recognize the joy of serving Christ and others (Philippians 1:3-4)
- Depend upon God’s work in you and through you (Philippians 1:5-6)
Questions for Further Discussion:
- What’s your usual way of saying hello to your friends?
- In your family, how important are greetings in affirming each other?
- Who was the author of the letter to the Philippians? (Philippians 1:1)
- How did Paul identify himself and his coworker? (Philippians 1:1)
- To whom did Paul address this letter? (Philippians 1:1)
- How did Paul greet the Philippians? (Philippians 1:2)
- When Paul thought about the Philippians, what did he do? (Philippians 1:3)
- How were the Philippians in partnership with Paul? (Philippians 1:4-5)
- What was Paul confident about? (Philippians 1:6)
- Why is it a good practice to begin a letter with a Christian blessing?
- What godly encouragement can you offer other Christians?
- Paul complimented the church at Philippi; what positive things can you say about our congregation?
- How is Paul’s prayer for the Philippians a good prayer for you to copy?
- What prayer of thanksgiving can you offer for our church today?
- How can you encourage someone in his or her Christian journey this week?
- Which Christian brother or sister would be heartened to receive a letter from you this week?