How to Make a Lasting Impact – Part Two
GOING TO CHURCH GOD’S WAY: The Impact of the Large Gathering
Psalm 100:1-5 / John 4:21-26
Impact Point: “I WILL WORSHIP WITH OTHERS.”
1. How do we gather? Psalm 100:1-5
(7 imperatives that guide our approach to worship)
2. Why do we gather? John 4:21-26
(Jesus gives two reasons why we worship.)
To worship in Spirit . . .
To Worship in Truth . . .
Questions for Further Discussion:
- How did Jesus say people would worship God? (John 4:21-23)
- What kind of worshipers does God seek? (John 4:23)
- What did Jesus say about God? (John 4:24)
- Who did Jesus say He was? (John 4:25-26)
- What groups of people do you feel uncomfortable being around? Why?
- How might a person feel put off by another person’s background, nationality, or race?
- How can prejudice affect a Christian’s witness?
- How have you responded to Jesus’ invitation to receive His living water?
- How is Jesus’ gift of salvation different from what the world offers?
- When was the last time you were in a debate on when or how to best worship?
- Describe a time when you worshiped in ignorance? (John 4:22)
- Of all the types of people God might seek, why do you think that the Father seeks worshipers?
- How is the world’s need for salvation and eternal life like thirst?
- In what other ways besides thirst might you describe eternal life?
- How can we worship God in spirit and in truth?
- When was the last time that God spoke so clearly and you still did not get it? (John 4:26)