HOW CAN I MAKE A LASTING IMPACT, PART ONE
GET AN ATTITUDE, But Be Sure It is the Right One!
What can I learn about Jesus and His attitude?
1. The Divine Status of Jesus (Philippians 2:6)
2. Jesus’ willful relinquishment of that status and acceptance of humility (Philippians 2:7-8)
3. Jesus’ exaltation (Philippians 2:9-11)
Why is this a need today?
1. The Profile of a Follower of Christ
United with Christ = Walking in His love
One with the Spirit = Tenderness and Compassion
2. The Profile of the World’s Attitude
What do I need to change to have the attitude of Jesus?
Place the needs and interests of others before self
Adopt the Humility of Christ
Surrender to the Lordship of Christ
Questions for Further Discussion:
- How does your life show that you count on Christ?
- How do petty quarrels hold you back in your Christian walk?
- How can Christ help you keep peace with others?
- What hinders unity in your church?
- What kind of disposition does Christ want us to have?
- How does Christ’s example of humility challenge our natural self-centeredness?