Our passage today is John 8:31-36.
Freedom in Christ: How does this truth affect me?
- The Opportunity to be Free (John 8:31-32)
- The Reasons Many are NOT Tree (John 8:33-34)
- The Promises of Real Freedom (John 8:35-36)
Freedom in Christ: How was this truth made effective by Christ? (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
(Today we Experienced a Celebration of the Lord’s Supper)
Questions for Further Study: The Children of Abraham – John 8:31-41
- To what sort of things do people today become enslaved?
- What does it mean to you to be free? What doesn’t it mean?
- What did Jesus say to the Jews who had believed in Him? (John 8:31)
- What did Jesus say the truth would do for those who knew it? (John 8:32)
- How did the Jews respond to Jesus’ statement about freedom? (John 8:33)
- Who did Jesus say is a slave to sin? (John 8:34)
- How does Jesus distinguish a slave from a son? (John 8:35)
- What is the result of being freed by the Son? (John 8:36)
- What did Jesus say the Jews were ready to do? (John 8:37)
- Who did the Jews say was their father? (John 8:39)
- In what way were the Jews mistaken about Abraham? (John 8:39)
- What did Abraham not do? (John 8:40)
- What claim did Jesus’ accusers make? (John 8:41)
- How are you like your mother or father?
- To what sin are you a slave?
- From what sin have you been set free?
- How does truth set someone free?
- How has the Son set you free?
- In what way are we like God our Father?
- When do we act like illegitimate children?
- How can you better enjoy your freedom in the Son?
- From what enslaving sin will you ask God to set you free?
- What action will you take in order to act more like a child of God?