The story of God and your place in that story is only possible through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The Relationship (Colossians 1:15-17)
- The Relationship Broken (Colossians 1:18-21)
- The Relationship Restored (Colossians 1:22)
- The Relationship Continued (Colossians 1:23)
Study Questions on This Passage:
Perhaps you will get together with a few other people this week to discuss this passage a little deeper, and seek to apply it to your life.
- What person comes to mind when you think of greatness?
- Whom do you look up to? Why?
- What qualities stand out in a person you admire?
- What is Christ’s relationship to God? (Colossians 1:15)
- What is Christ’s relationship to Creation? (Colossians 1:15-17)
- How do “all things . . . hold together” under Christ? (Colossians 1:16-17)
- What is Christ’s relationship to the church? (Colossians 1:18)
- Why was the resurrection of Jesus significant? (Colossians 1:18)
- How did Paul explain the deity of Christ? (Colossians 1:19)
- What did God achieve through the work of His Son? (Colossians 1:20)
- How did Christ bring us to God? (Colossians 1:21-22)
- Why was reconciliation necessary? (Colossians 1:21-22)
- What is a Christian’s position before God? (Colossians 1:22)
- What is the role of faith in reconciliation with God? (Colossians 1:23)
- What kind of faith did the Colossians have? (Colossians 1:23)
- What was Paul’s confident expectation? (Colossians 1:23)
- Why did Paul take the time to describe the qualities of Christ?
- What difference does our understanding about Christ make?
- How would you explain reconciliation (with God) to a non-Christian friend?
- What does the work of Christ on your behalf mean to you?
- In what way are we all under Christ’s authority?
- In what way are you under Christ’s authority?
- How firm is your faith?
- What can a person do if his or her faith is weak?
- When can you take time this week to meditate on this powerful, compelling description of Christ?
- What truths about Christ do you want to remember when you present the gospel to unbelieving friends?
- How can you strengthen your faith in Christ this week?