AWANA Clubs are from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm this Sunday, January 29! KGBC is hosting Winter Shelter this week so even though there will be no game time (sad face), we are pleased to be helping the homeless in Virginia Beach.
THEME NIGHT: Soup-er Bowl Night – bring a can of soup for KGBC food pantry and earn extra points!
T&T Only – New Homework Guidelines:
- Please just memorize the verses on the review pages 136 and 137 for this week.
- If you memorize the verses, all you have to do to complete the other sections prior to this section is the book work.
- If you get your verses memorized go back in your book and do the book work that you are behind on.
- Remember you get your reward if your homework is done when you come in. So memorize those verses!
***Don’t forget to come early, wear tennis shoes, bring offering (a quarter), bring your handbook (older kids bring your Bible too) and get ready to have some fun! Clubbers must wear tennis shoes to AWANA or they cannot participate in Game Time.
Uniform: Parents please help your clubber show respect for their uniforms. Keep them clean and wrinkle free. Have them hang it up. Remind them they have worked really hard for their uniform and the awards on it and they should be very proud of it. Please make sure they have their name in it. Also they need to wear it to club not have it in their bag. Points are only given to the clubber if they are wearing their uniform. Last Sunday, put badges, pins & jewels on uniforms that were brought. As a result, you may have extra of these items, please bring them in when you remember!
- January 29th – Last day to turn in your $50 non-refundable Centrikid Camp deposit to hold your child’s spot. This is for KGBC kids and their friends who have completed grades 3-6th. July 24 – 28 @ Skycroft Conference Center in Maryland. Ask about available discounts!
- Awana Derby – February 17th – 6:30-8:30pm – The cars are in! We will start handing out this Sunday. You can pay when you pick up your car if you have not already paid.
Dave Jessie has volunteered again this year to help get the cars ready!
We have scheduled a day to get the cars cut out: Saturday, February 4, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Dave Jessie’s home. Please have your name on the bottom of car and an outline drawn on the car. THANKS TO DAVE!
NEW! Sunday Evening Gathering – join us for a Bible Study during AWANA!
Everyone is invited to this four-week discussion starting on Feb 12 from 5:15 – 6:00 pm. We will meet upstairs in Room 208/210. Coffee & snacks provided.
Your Move – 4 Questions To Ask When You Don’t Know What To Do by Andy Stanley – Throughout our lives, we are confronted with decisions we never anticipated having to make. So what do you do when it’s your move and you aren’t sure what to do? Every week will have a 30 minute video followed by discussion. For more details go to the church website: www.kingsgrantbaptist.com/yourmove
Kids ages 3 – grade 6 are welcome to join AWANA for the four weeks and we can also watch younger kids. Contact Karen Strull for details if your kids are younger or not already in AWANA. Great opportunity to invite friends!